An integrated team approach
First Health Care provides services to assist with your catastrophic or non-catastrophic cases with fully accredited rehabilitation professionals who specialize in brain and spinal cord injuries and stroke recovery.
We take a unique integrated team approach to rehabilitation. Upon your request, we can assist with:
- Developing a personalized plan of care
- Coordinating nursing, rehab support and attendant care services
Staff Education Programs
We offer our staff education programs throughout the year in:
- Acquired Brain Injury Basic and Advanced
- Stroke Certificate Programs
- Dealing With Aggressive Behaviours
- Assisting With Medications for PSW’s
- Physical Assessments and Vitals
- Lifts and Transfers
We do not charge our staff for these courses, and we encourage them to participate by providing financial incentives upon completion. We do this because we are committed to providing the best caregivers in the industry.
Service continuity and consistent scheduling are the top priority of our client service coordinators.
Our nursing management and support staff communicate with case managers in multi-disciplinary teams to help clients attain pre-accident status or a higher level of independent living.
Insurer and case manager benefits
Our coordinated service approach means any changes in the rehabilitation plan are implemented without delay. We streamline the process for the insurer, case managers and clients by providing:
- One-point contact for all services
- Detailed assessment and customized progress reports
- Service descriptions categorized on one invoice
- A summarized statement of treatments and costs
We provide exceptional client care delivered by professionals who are committed to the highest quality standards.
A full-service solution to your staffing and client care needs
We understand the importance of consistency and work with you to develop an effective staffing schedule. Services we provide or arrange include:
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Practical Nurses
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehab Support Workers
- Certified Personal Support Workers
You can be confident all our staff are insured and covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. Their First Health Care ID card is your guarantee they have successfully completed the industry’s most demanding program of skills testing, verification and evaluation.